[WriteLog] Request for additional small feature
David O Hachadorian
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:32:26 +0000
On Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:36:47 -0600 Jim Rhodes <email@example.com>
> Check out the "Special Message Accelerator Keys" in the WriteLog help
> You can program the enter key to do this. Why would you want yet
> key to remember.
So I turn on "Enter sends exch/QRZ" in the Entry Window,
and I put 599 AZ in F3 (or one can change the
"QrzFunctionKey" in WRITELOG.INI).
Then, for the CQ mode, the normal RTTY sequence is:
1. Press INSERT to send HISCALL and My CQ Exchange
2. Type or mouse-click his exchange info into the Entry Window.
2. Press PLUS, which sends TU QRZ DE K6LL and logs the QSO.
In the S&P mode, the normal RTTY sequence becomes:
1. Mouse-click the green or yellow callsign.
2. Press the MYCALL F-key.
3. Type or mouse-click his exchange info into the Entry Window.
4. Press ENTER, which sends K6LL AZ, and logs the QSO.
I like it. I'll try it in the next contest. Thank you very much.
I will also explore Macro Express, suggested by a couple of
people. It sounds like it has the potential to expedite some
tedious so2r routine keystrokes.
Dave Hachadorian, K6LL