[WriteLog] Serial Cards available + other stuff

Stan Staten n3hs@qsl.net
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:38:41 -0500

Figured with all the discussion of serial cards and COM ports in here is
appropriate to dispose or two that are surplus to me needs. New computer
has no ISA slots for my STB 4COm 4 port serial card and also wont accept
the LAVA DSerial 550 PCI.  Soooo - hate to throw them out - they are
available - make offer.

As another point, does anyone know if the SIIG cards will work in an ABIT
KG7 motherboard.

Finally learned something today about my USB serial adapter.  It is the one
from Palm intended for use with my Palm Pilot, but seems to work with other
serial applications as well.  The thing that surprised me in my first use
of a USB --> Serial converter, the program did not set the com port
parameters.  I had to go into the control panels and set the flow control
and baud rate.  Possibly this might have caused others problems so I
thought I would mention it.

73 Stan, N3HS