[WriteLog] To RIGBlaster Users

Bill Turner w7ti@dslextreme.com
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 19:15:33 -0700

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:17:07 EDT, EClulow@aol.com wrote:

>Radio Shack has all the parts and some nice little
>boxes to put it in if you're not a parts collector like me.

You don't even need the box.  With some careful planning, you can build
it right into the housing of the DB-9 or DB-25 connector.  When I get
one working, I fill up the connector with silicone RTV to make it short
proof and corrosion free.  I have one that's at least eight years old
and still perkin' along.  Be sure to use the RTV that's advertised as
odor free or made for aquarium use.  The kind that smells like vinegar
will actually accelerate corrosion.

73, Bill W7TI