[WriteLog] BAND MAP updating over network for WRTC -URGENT-

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 21:36:29 -0500

All,

Eddie, Fernando and I all ended up talking on 14333 last night about this.
He is correct. WriteLog does not send Band Map entries (such as a %B
function key or MapCallOnSpace WriteLog.ini entry) across the *network*
unless the call is LOGGED. The entry stays on the local machine. And the
WRTC contestants can't log from the second radio position.

So the question is: how can Station B - not connected to a radio (just
tuning and listening), not connected to packet, and non-logged calls not
going over the network to the Station A Band Map - send Station A call signs
of new mults and stations to work?

I gave them a couple of answers, but want to hear ideas. And, at this
moment, they are asleep! So I want to give them some time to try the ideas
out. (I promise to share the ideas with the reflector).

Any ideas?

Thanks...Scot, K9JY

PS What fun to talk real time on the radio to Spain!

See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com