[WriteLog] MULTIPLE SOUND CARDS AND WRITELOG QUESTIONS?

RCARIELLO RCARIELLO@si.rr.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 02:13:52 -0000

I am returning to RTTY after many years. My personal experience dates back
to 1997. As I remember no one decoding program will do it all. At that time
I ran two computers. One under DOS and the other Windows based. Today I
understand that one machine will be able to handle at least more then one
program in the Windows platform.

My question is how far can this be taken? I am using a P II 400 MHz computer
with 256 meg of ram and Windows 98. I have a dual video card so the extra
monitor will provide the needed screen space.

The contest software is WriteLog V10.33c.
The main modem is a HAL P-38 being controlled from the WriteLog program. I
would like to also run MMTTY and RTTY using additional sound cards for each
program.

Can this be done and if so what sound cards would be best?

Also will I be able to click on a captured call from any of the running
programs sending the call sign automatically to the log enter box the way it
is being done using one program?

PS To everyone that has helped be so far, thanks again. The station is
operational for RTTY.

Rich AA2MF