[WriteLog] Network? Problem - 'Member not found'

Roger Parsons ve3zi@rac.ca
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 03:31:40 +0100 (BST)

Hi All

I have been trying to load Writelog onto a laptop for
Field Day - we intend to use it networked. I have
10.11 as my only full release, and updates to 10.32.
So I install 10.11 and enter that code (good job I
kept it!). Then I install 10.32 and enter THAT code.
Everything seems OK. Then I enter some dummy QSOs. All
OK. THEN we do the same on another machine and all OK
- then we network two machines together. Both machines
see each other, BUT when I try to enter anything on
the QSO entry line I get a Writelog error message
'Member not found'. Nothing in the help file at all
that I can find on that subject. Second PC works
fine,and continues to do so, as does a third. So I
uninstall WL and reinstall it. Exactly the same. So I
use Norton to properly uninstall it, then reinstall.
Exactly the same, plus I am sometimes getting Windows
messages saying WL has performed illegal operation,
etc. Not nice. I presume that something is mixed up in
the Registry, but that is beyond my abilities! We can
probably use another laptop in FD, but this one is the
best...

HELP!!

Thanks
Roger VE3ZI