Time speeds up as it enters BH was Re: [WriteLog] InterestingWPX log behavior - Feb 11th occurred early!

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 21:35:30 -0500

Wayne almost solved the mystery - He says time slows down as it appraoches
Black Hole - Close, but I think it speeds up!

> John, the only resonable idea I can think off is that time slowed down
> heading up into the black hole of rf. I know it effects rf that way but
> didn't realize it would effect time..Are you feeling any older?? har
har..73
> de
> Wayne k7wm@i10net.com

Firebrick suggested that RF might have caused a time warp, but I like the
theory of time changing as it approaches the Black Hole!

Several suggested that WriteLog logs the time that the QSO starts.  However,
that didn't make sense to me, and I figured surely Wayne didn't write it
that way.  I just did some testing, and it appears that WL logs the time
when the Q is LOGGED - as it should be!

So the mysterious behavior remains unexplained.

And yes, Wayne, I do feel older!  The problem is really that time seems to
be SPEEDING UP as it enters the Black Hole - thus the early jump to Feb
11th!  Come to think of it, I started feeling older YESTERDAY!
;-))  73