[WriteLog] Contest modules

Clive Whelan clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:32:00 -0000

Hi

OM Ray , G4FON who is a pro. C++ programmer, has been helping me
construct a module for the forthcoming RSGB jubilee contest,
using the Wizard.

The skeleton is working pretty well, i.e. it scores OK, and
checks valid multipliers from the published RSGB list ( see Jan
RadCom).

However the following need attention, and we are not sure how to
proceed.

1. The Contest|Parameter Setup screen simply says " TODO" and
does not allow e.g. entry of one's own country as I might have
expected it to do. What is required here?

2. Possibly as a function of 1 above, the module allows me to
work my own call area and credits with a multiplier. This is not
allowed by the rules of course. How should this rule be
addressed?

3. The module needs to be checked, by an ex Commonwealth
station, to check that they are allowed only to work
Commonwealth stations. However if I alter my callsign in
writelog.ini to (say) DX1DX I simply am asked to enter my
registration code afresh, which obviously will not work. Can
this be addressed, or do I need to get an ex Commonwealth beta
tester?

The RSGB president Bob/G3PJT will attend Dayton and will take
with him ready made modules for the Jubilee Contest for TRlog (
by myself and others) and N1MM ( by N1MM and G4VXE). It would be
nice to do this for WL as well, and would clearly be good
publicity for the programme.

Therefore any help will be gratefully received and acknowledged.

73

Clive
GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org