UPDATE Re: [WriteLog] BARTG and TIME

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:08:08 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 12:46 PM
Subject: [WriteLog] BARTG and TIME

> Well, after seeing the excerpt form Jamie's log, I can agree that WL does
> not record the actual log time of the contact. It only records the time
that
> was sent as part of the exchange!

OK, I'm home now and can look at things.  I was wrong before - WriteLog
apparently only logs the time sent an received, and does NOT log the time
actually logged.  I verified this with a test.

I entered a test QSO with T0EST - I logged the received time as 2327, waited
until 2328 and sent the time, and then I waited until 2330 to hit the ENTER
key to log the contact.  Then I did the export, then used Cabrillo Converter
to make the Cabrillo file.  Here is the result:

QSO: 14086 RY 2002-03-22 2328 WA9ALS     599 954  2328 T0EST      599 001
2327

The Cabrillo Converter created another TIME field!  It seems to have assumed
that the SENT time was the same as the LOGGED time...?  Anyway, this is the
correct format!