[WriteLog] write log & MFJ 1275

Carl Steckler cjs9@cornell.edu
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:07:12 -0500

I want to thank all of those who had suggestions for solving my problem.
Unfortunately none of them worked.

After getting some diagnostic tools I find that the RST line is low when
the computer boots ( this is the line that activates the PTT with the MFJ
1275) up and windows 98 is loaded. When I run the demo of Voice Key express
the RST goes high and PTT is activated for the duration of the message.
When I open Write Log the RST goes high and stays high. No setting in setup
that I have tried ( a lot of trying) seems to correct that problem.

I welcome any suggestions based on the above situation.

Also I can not use the vox in the situation as the mic  would be always
open and it is a high noise environment, so vos is out.

thanks
Carl

Semper Fi (former active duty Jar-head)
Cpl USMC 1966 - 1972  RVN 6/67 - 7/69
"For those who fought for it, freedom has
  a flavor the protected will never know"
Unknown Marine, Khe Sahn, Viet Nam
73 De W2SGX .-- ..--- ... --. -..- FN12um