[WriteLog] Hello and help.

Gil Baron gbaron@charter.net
Sat, 25 May 2002 21:02:11 -0500

CW on COM 2, Rig on COM3 All Mode PTT on CW RTS checked, PC Generates
Checked for CW type, works fine for my TS870. It should work for you too if
you choose any 2 ports.
CW PTT setup should be the LPT/COMM RTS selection.
Be sure RTS and DTR are not tied together on your Cable.
Unfortunately you cannot use different ports for Keying and PTT with
WriteLog and they cannot use anything but RTS for PTT with a COMM port. I
had to redo my whole system as a result of that lack of function and make a
cable that could connect to both the keying and the PTT lines which meant
splitting it out , but it does work.
You could use the rig CAT (rig command) to do the PTT and that would
eliminate nay need for a COMM. port at all for the PTT operation. That can
solve some problems but IMHO is not the way to go if you can avoid it.
, they must be the same port.