[WriteLog] major WL RTTY problems

Randy Thompson, K5ZD k5zd@charter.net
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 01:38:14 -0000

I don't use MMTTY, just the RTTYRITE that is included in WL.  I have seen
this problem.

I had some PCI serial port cards that worked great for talking to the radio,
but just wouldn't work for FSK.  It sounded like they were sending the
characters at very fast speed.  I tried everything and never could get them
to work.  Finally ended up using them for radio control and used an ISA card
and the built-in serial port for FSK.

On some other cards I had problems with the PTT dropping off before the
transmission was completed.  There are ini file settings that will hold the
PTT on for a set time after transmission is completed.  I assume this
problem occurs because the characters being sent are pushed into a buffer on
the card and WL thinks the transmission is done when it is not.

Don't you just love computers?!

Randy, K5ZD