[WriteLog] Feedback?

frugoli@worldlinkisp.com frugoli@worldlinkisp.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:46:46 -0600 (MDT)

Hello fellow Writelog users.

I'm just working on setting up for SO2R, and I'm running into a program.
First let me describe the setup.

2 TS-940
Writelog SO2R box
PC running Win 98 and Writelog 10 (writing on a computer that doesn't have
write log on it, but I installed almost 2 years ago and havn't upgraded)
SB16 PCI
Heil Boom Headset

I'm using the line out on the SB16 to connect into the Phone Patch In on
the 940's.  I'm using the line in on the SB16 connected to the Phone Patch
Out on the 940's.  The Mic goes into the Mic jack on the SB16.

I've gotten everything to work, i.e. the mic audio goes to the correct rig,
the sound board DVK audio is routed to the correct rig, the CW goes to the
correct rig.  However, I get what sounds like feedback and it must be on
the line out of the sound board.  It is enough to trip the vox, and it is
there even with PTT.  You can hear the mic or wave audio through
the "feedback", but things are unusable.  I can't seem to pinpoint the
cause of the "feedback".  I have not installed isolation transformers
(that's my next step), however from everything I've read those prevent AC
hum on a signal, not feedback.  I'm stumped - could it be the lack of
isolation transformers?

The second issue is that I can't seem to copy RTTY.  I've gotten it to work
once, but I have to disable the mic in order to enable the line in on the
SB16.  Additionally it seems that this "feedback" may be on the line in
because the signal will dissappear and I'll see a sine wave on the display
of the RTTY Window.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

73 de Al, KE1FO