[WriteLog] WL WITH SOUND BOARD

PY5EG py5eg@inepar.com.br
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:06:11 -0200

Hi Folks:

         I'm adjusting the Writelog network for our Multi/Two operation ZW5B
in the next CQWWSSB this weekend.
         I'm facing an interesting aspect and I would like to hear the
experts on WL regarding this particular problem.
         I do have three computers in  networking operation with the 10.36G
version.
         All the three setups are directly connected with the specific radio
and everything is working perfectly.
         I'm using sound board for WAV messages and the audio is ok.

         THE PROBLEM:

         There is a kind of beep on the audio exactly corresponding with the
CAT sign on the transceivers Mark V and FT 1000 D.
         Due the fact that the sign CAT is showed every second the beep also
appears every second.
         The beep is overlapped by the voice but you can hear it on the back
ground.

         I would like to know if others faced that and eventually what is
the way to solve the problem

         Thanks in advance