[WriteLog] Soundcard problem

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 11:43:52 -0600

Hi Don,

What you are describing here points to an incorrect setup with the sound
card in WriteLog. Somewhere, something changed. The section most likely
incorrect is the 'Receive Selection' on the far right of the WriteLog sound
mixer.(Start|WriteLog|Sound Board Mixer Control). The trick on this is that
the audio in on your sound card has to match the selection on the drop down
box in this control area. If it doesn't, you won't be able to receive or
record the contest.

I don't know how your audio is getting from your radio to your sound card,
but most likely from your description it's not going to 'Line In' on the
sound card, but going to 'Mic.' Check out my web page under the Reference
section. You'll find 'Sound Cards' there and that should help point the way.

Hope this helps...

Scot, K9JY

See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com

-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Don Winn
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 10:22 AM
To: w2up@mindspring.com; writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Soundcard problem

Barry, and All

I can follow Barry's procedure below and I find the Microphone Balance
select is NOT enabled.  Enabling it will allow the decoding to start
working.

BUT, if I go back to WL and click in the logging area to enter a call, the
audio dies and I find the Microphone Selected is disabled again.  With both
on screen, I can watch the check go away when I click in WL and see the
audio come back when I select the Microphone Balance.

I'm sure if it's a WL issue, Wayne will have it fixed shortly.  If it's
not, he can mostlikely explain what is happening.

Don