[WriteLog] WL with IC751A/UX14

Don Melcher don@hfradio.com
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 10:40:39 -0700

Is anybody using an IC751A with the ICOM UX14 (not the "clone" version from
PIXX)? (Yes - I know about all the Icom address issues, baud rate, etc.)

My 746 works fine - and I can control the 751A from other devices/programs -
I have also tried configuring the UX14 so that the 751A looks like a 735 -
still no joy. No matter the state of the 751A - WL just reads LSB - but no
frequency.

It appears that WL is not seeing the correct data back from the 751A - and
this is also the case with my PW1 - which also uses data from the CI-V port
for band information - (different from previous Icom devices wich used the
analog voltage ramp available from ACC-2). My R71A/UX14 exhibits the same
behavior as the 751A.

Don Melcher
Owner - HF Radio On Board
www.hfradio.com