[WriteLog] major WL RTTY problems

Dick Green dick.green@valley.net
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:53:30 -0400

I had the dickens of a time trying to get on this weekend. RTTYRITE and
MMTTY were working fine about a year ago, but since then there have been
hardware and software upgrades here. This was the first time I've tried RTTY
in a while.

First, I tried Writelog with MMTTY. Every time I tried to transmit with a
function key, ALT-K or the MMTTY TX button, the diddle would be asserted for
about one second, then would stop.

I tried it with just RTTYRITE (no MMTTY) set for Stereo Soundboard AFSK.
Same problem.

I have two soundboards (Yamaha chip set on motherboard and SoundBlaster 16
PCI), and both MMTTY and RTTYRITE have the same problem on both boards. I
tried disabling the Soundblaster, and got the same problem. Same thing if I
disabled the Yamaha chips.

I tried reinstalling MMTTY and the plug-in. Same problem.

Note that MMTTY does *not* have this problem when run in stand-alone mode on
either soundboard. It works fine. Looks like a problem with WL.

I'm running Windows 2000 SP3, with the latest drivers for everything.

BTW, if I terminate MMTTY before RTTYRITE or WL, RTTYRITE crashes. That
seems to be a different problem.

73, Dick WC1M