WL Bug? -- FD: Fixed -- Re: [WriteLog] ci-v interface with an ic-706mkIIG?

Stephen M Shearer Stephen.M.Shearer at usa.dupont.com
Tue Aug 12 11:46:13 EDT 2003

Yes and no, depending on how bullet proof you want WriteLog to be.  WL can
tell how many bytes of data it has to read by the "FD" termination.  Note
below as read from civ-commander.

5 bytes: "default"
FEFEE058030000704304FD -- 443.700.00MHZ
FEFEE058037012331400FD -- 14.331.27MHZ

4 bytes:
FEFEE0580370123314FD -- 14.331.27MHZ
FEFEE058030050734601FD -- 146.735.00MHZ

---------------------- Forwarded by Stephen M Shearer/AE/DuPont on
08/12/2003 10:29 AM ---------------------------

WB3LGC at aol.com on 08/11/2003 06:04:23 PM

To:    wa9als at starband.net, sjwoodr at yahoo.com
cc:    Stephen M Shearer/AE/DuPont at DuPont
Subject:    Fixed -- Re: [WriteLog] ci-v interface with an ic-706mkIIG?

Steve & John,

Thanks, I found the problem.  Knowing it SHOULD work, I first re-loaded WL.
then looked at the radio settings.  I found "CI-V 731" was ON and it
changes
the bytes sent on the interface. from the default 5 to 4.  I first noticed
that
144 and 440 freq's were read correctly!

73, Steve

information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender
by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.  Unless
explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended",
this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment,
or an acceptance of a contract offer.  This e-mail does not constitute
a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing
purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.