[WriteLog] OQP module problems

John E Bastin, K8AJS jbastin at sssnet.com
Mon Aug 25 09:59:09 EDT 2003

At 12:39 -0400 08_24_2003, Georgek5kg at aol.com wrote:

>2.)  When you first open the OQP module, you must fill out the Contest
>Parameter OHIO QSO PARTY SETUP screen with Call, Station Location and Station
>Information.  Once you OK that screen, you then enter the contest
>module.  On two
>occasions I had to close WL, and later open the OQP module with the same file
>name.  I had to reenter all the information again on the OHIO QSO PARTY SETUP
>screen.  IMHO, this step should be bypassed altogether when reopening an
>existing contest file, since the information has already been supplied.
>
>I appreciate knowing what other OQP'ers experienced with this module.

Truthfully, I wound up using the Check Call window hardly at all in
the contest, so I can't say how it performed relative to other
contests.

I _did_ experience the same as you regarding the module not keeping
the setup information. Every time I closed and then opened the log, I
had to re-enter that data. Like you, I'm sure that once you enter
this information it should be stored for future use.

All in all, though, the module worked well and I had no other
problems during the contest. A nice piece of work.

   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
  \ / Ribbon Campaign  | jbastin at sssnet.com         K8AJS at arrl.net
   X  Against HTML     |       http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs
  / \ Email!           |