[WriteLog] Writelog Packet Window popup

John E Bastin, K8AJS jbastin at sssnet.com
Tue Aug 26 17:06:32 EDT 2003

At 13:38 -0500 08_26_2003, FireBrick [WriteLog] Writelog Packet
Window popup wrote:
>Lately I get a little Popup when I start Writelog.
>it says:
>Welcome to the Writelog Packet.
>Please use the File menu to select a COMM port.
>
>As I use Telnet, I don't use a com port.
>I have to click OK for the startup process to continue.
>
>Anyway to eliminate that Pop Up and it's question?

I only get that pop-up when I have "Packet Window" checked to load on
startup in whatever contest log I'm opening. If you don't want the
pop-up, un-check that selection.

When that pop-up comes up, I usually go to the selection window that
accompanies it and select "Telnet" which appears at the end of the
list of COM ports. Then the packet window opens and I log into the
cluster.

Hope this helps.

   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
  \ / Ribbon Campaign  | jbastin at sssnet.com         K8AJS at arrl.net
   X  Against HTML     |       http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs
  / \ Email!           |