[WriteLog] Long Path

llindblom at juno.com llindblom at juno.com
Mon Dec 1 21:51:53 EST 2003

My strange event of this nature happpened during an SSB contest. For a period of 10 minures late in the afteroon while on 15 Meters I'd hear the tail end of my CQ when I'd let off the mic.  Either it was some type of LDE or I'd gone too many hours without sleep!

73 W)ETC

-- K4SB <k4sb at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I observed some very interesting behavior on 20 m Sunday morning
> (Chicago time). I use only dipoles and a vertical here. For several
> hours around 1500Z, I was hearing many northern European stations on
> both short path and long path at nearly the same level. The delay
> between the two arrivals was such that it made the signals virtually
> impossible to copy
> Jim K9YC
-------------------------
Somehow, I think from Jim's description that the signals were not
"long delay echos", but rather different path's, based on the delay
described. I've only heard a lda twice in my ham life, and believe me,
you could copy it without any trouble. Short skip on 10 with a ham in
SC if I remember correctly. Hearing that last dit of my call clearing
about 1/4 second after transmit ended was spooky.

Based on last weekend's activity, I would bet one was direct and the
other an equatorial.

73
Ed