[WriteLog] bandmap timing

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at comcast.net
Wed Dec 17 03:19:32 EST 2003

This may be a dumb question...but how do I set the
amount of time which spots are allowed to dwell on the
bandmap?   In the point & click mode, it sometimes is
beneficial for mults not to go away for a longer time
than what is programmed.

I noticed this many times in CW, where the pileups were
large and I couldn't break the pileup with my 80m dipole...
I'd want to recursively revisit the mult, until things
thinned out a bit.  Several times, they timed-out of the
window.

This is a comment, as I don't believe there's a setting:
...I noticed a need to fix the center frequency
of the display.  Often, when pointing/clicking, the display
would dither just as I was clicking on a spot.  The result
was the radio going somewhere other than intended.  Not
clear why.

At the same time, there was no reason for the bandmap to
reposition itself.  In most cases, it can be fixed on the
appropriate mode, and cover the necessary range.

n2ea