[WriteLog] Voice-Keying Config Menu Draft Example

Eric Hilding eric at hilding.com
Sat Dec 20 20:06:55 EST 2003

OK...per my previous quick profile of optional ways to deal with
voice-keying of serial numbers, I just whipped up a rough Voice-Keying
Draft Example for a Config Menu using WordPad to give a better idea of
exactly HOW this can work.  It includes textual examples of what the output
of the Option Choice(s) will be.

No need to go find a manual or click in a help file when this type of
approach is taken...especially if you go to make a change months down the
line.  The reminder of exactly HOW it works is combined with the Choice(s)
to be made right on the Config Menu. I believe this kind of approach to
software development to be highly efficient, effective and less resulting
frustration for the end-user.

I did a screen capture of the rough WordPad schema so it's a fairly large
image embedded within a .php (html) file...best viewed on a 1024 x 768
display.  A desired final programmed working version should be set to
display full screen on at least an 800x600 monitor so all the options &
info can be seen WITHOUT someone having to scroll down a page.  I hate to
scroll down pages with a mouse!  Or, click on umpteen different tabs to get
a job done quickly.

All the possible real-world options for handling the voice-keying of serial
numbers are not on the rough draft.  Refer to the previous info.  A "key"
to making something like this work is to also produce a "Master File List"
of tracks (.wav files) to be recorded by name/number(s) based upon the
needs required by each of the options.  Or, if a contestor only plans to
use delivery Option 1, then that's all that needs to be recorded to make
the serial numbers come out according to the schema.

You can view the very rough example at:  http://www.k6vva.com

This is really a "no brainer" to do.

73,

Rick, K6VVA