[WriteLog] Creating a "master" log

Mike Mellinger WA0SXV wa0sxv at mellinger.com
Mon Feb 10 09:11:47 EST 2003

I considered using Writelog for day-to-day logging for a few minutes and
then realized that a complete station log would need to track the various
awards, names, and other specialized information as well as provide printing
of QSL's (or labels) and provide output to other logging programs (eQSL,
LOTW).  I also have specialized situations such a operating from multiple
locations and under previous callsigns which are not easily handled in
Writelog.

Net result is that I use Writelog for contesting, then generate an ADIF file
from Writelog and import it to DX4WIN which I use for everyday logging,
QSLing, and award following.

Except for the failure of Writelog to output things like the STATE (I'm
trying to finish 5BWAS) in the ADIF file (it outputs QTH or ARRL section),
the combination is fantastic and I handle the STATE issue by simple ASCII
edits of the few contests that require that treatment.

DX4WIN easily handles the multiple QTH problem -- unlike many of the
electronic logging programs (including eQSL).

73,
Mike WA0SXV