[WriteLog] ARRL DX - Band change rule

Wayne Wright, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Mon Feb 10 17:44:45 EST 2003

> Wayne and Ron should be able to answer the question forthwith, and I
> hope  they [or some kind sole] will!  And if the band change calculation
> isn't  correct, I hope it will be fixed before the weekend.

Please! I am a "soul" not a "sole" (:-)

The calculation for the band change window in WriteLog is loaded by the
contest module, but the "main" program has a pair of default behaviors
that you can use the right mouse button to switch between. The defaults
are 6 band changers per 60 min sliding window or 10 minutes on a band. The
contest module can modify WL's behavior to allow only one of the
behaviors, count per GMT hour instead of per 60 minute sliding window, and
it can say whether mults are allowed on the 2nd station, etc. etc. etc.

But the bad news is that I am pretty sure the ARRL DX module does NOT
modify WL's default behavior. Its a pretty simple update to the module
code to tell WL what the "right" answer is for a given contest, but I
don't know if I can get it done in the time you request. I'll have to get
back with you on this.

Please don't lose track of the fact that this issue affects
Multi-Two/Multi-Single operation ONLY--single ops and multi/multi are not
affected.

Wayne