[WriteLog] Writelog, RTTYrite, MMTTY and Win 2K Pro

Bob McCormick W1QA writelog at W1QA.com
Thu Feb 13 12:58:53 EST 2003

> Since the machine has become the one I use the most
> often as my home PC, I'm thinking of upgrading to a
> 2.4GHz Athlon or a 2.0 GHz P4 and running Win 2k Pro.
>
> Are there any particular issues that will be show
> stoppers in migrating my current configuration to
> the new system? Is there any reason to go with XP
> Pro (yech)in this situation instead of 2k?

Since Windows XP Pro supercedes Windows 2000 Pro,
as from October 2001 ... you may want to consider
that the purchase of a new machine may be better
served by XP, which would provide for better support
of hardware architectures.

Although both operating systems are based on NT,
Windows 2000 Professional actually had limited
support for many things that showed up first in
the Windows 9X platforms.  Windows XP is the
effort that brings all that together ...

Bob W1QA