[WriteLog] QSO Entry Window

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Tue Feb 25 21:18:05 EST 2003

In a message dated 2/25/2003 11:46:48 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
eric at k3na.org writes:

> Basically, it is a mechanism for dealing with ambiguous prefixes.  If a VP8
> calls and the wl_cty.dat file is not able to resolve the call into a
> specific country, you can enter a digit in the C column.  Each digit gives
> you a different possible country: So Sandwich, So Orkney, So Shetland, etc.

Eric,

Tnx for the explanation.  An example I recall was CE0, which could be several
different countries.  The example said to put an "E" into the "C" column, if
it was Easter Is.  What I could not figure out was whether there was a table
or file somewhere that equated E to be Easter Is, J as Juan Fernandez, etc.
I never got an answer to that, so I am still in the dark about how to really
use the "C" column.

In your VP8 example, what would be entered into "C" to differentiate S.
Sandwich from S. Orkney from S. Shetland, etc.  And where is this written for
a WL user to know?

Can you offer any further insight to this mystery?

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450