[WriteLog] MMTTY problem during ROUNDUP

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 17:03:41 -0600

On 3 separate occasions during the Roundup, when I pressed an F key,
the transmitter would key up, then drop.  I didn't want to close the program
right away and was thinking what I should do when I tried it again and it
worked.

The next time it happened I waited about 60 seconds and it started to work
again.  Then it happened a 3rd time, another wait, and it started working again.
I was keying FSK from the MMTTY plug-in, with MMTTY version 1.63 using
Win 98se on a Pentium I 200 mhz machine.  The first two times it happened I
was thinking that maybe it had something to do with the Single Radio Lockout,
so I briefly disabled it.  The first time, it worked after disabling the lockout.  But
the next time it happened, I disabled the lockout again and it didn't allow it to
work right away.  The 3rd time I did not disable the lockout at all and it started
working again so I don't think it has anything to do with the lockout.  Besides,
I was running "last one wins" anyway.

It didn't happen on my other computer, but I was transmitting using a DXP-38
on that radio so I was thinking it may have something to do with MMTTY.
This is the first time it's ever happened to me in any contest.  The only change
I made was upgrading to MMTTY 1.63 before the contest.

Did anyone else have this problem?  If so, please send me your information.
Were you using MMTTY?  If so, what version?  What version of Windows?  SO2R?
If so, one computer or two?

I don't know that I'll be able to determine what caused it.  I'd like for it not to
happen again.  But I made 820 Q's on that particular radio in 24 hours and it
only happened 3 times so I don't know that I can simulate it again.

Thanks,
Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog