[WriteLog] MMTTY problem during ROUNDUP

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 18:53:21 -0500

> On 3 separate occasions during the Roundup, when I pressed an F key,
> the transmitter would key up, then drop.  I didn't want to close the
program
> right away and was thinking what I should do when I tried it again and it
> worked.

I think I've had that problem too.  What happens here more often, has been
described before, but no solutions offerred.  After CQing for awhile, a
press of the CQ F-key results in a prolonged mark tone for maybe 3-4 seconds
(seems like eternity that someone's thinking you are an idiot!).  After this
long mark tone, it gets going and is fine.  Bill, W9OL, has described this
as resulting after a certain period of CQing.  I don't think I've ever had
it happen during an auto-CQ.

It's annoying and probably bugs the other guys.  (This is with FSK keying,
MMTTY 1.62.)

We really need to get rid of that "slow startup of MMTTY FSK" thing though.
It doesn't have anything to do with lockouts etc, because I had it yesterday
with 1R setup.

Another observation about efficiency - I sorta like the guys that have a
"tail" at the end of their transmissions!  When I hear that, I know they are
done and hit my response key immediately just as or before their last tone
tail drops.  Otherwise you never know if they will send BK, their call once
or more, or whatever.  ;-)