[WriteLog] Renewing a wish

Dick Green dick.green@valley.net
Sun Jan 19 21:13:06 EST 2003

I'd like to see some changes in the mult window, but for the purpose of
moving mults it seems to me that the present Check Country window is
sufficient. For each of the other bands it will either be blank (mult
needed), OK (mult worked), or will have the call of the station you are
working (station worked.) It took me a while to figure out that in CQWW when
you move the cursor between the zone and call fields the Check Country
display switches between zones worked and countries worked, but other than
that it works. I guess it would be nice to have the option of something like
"NEEDED" in red for each band in the Check Country window, but that's just a
refinement.

As for the mult window, I think the present display works nicely for viewing
mults that are either worked or not worked on a single screen. Being able to
make the display larger would be nice, but that's also a refinement. To me,
the single biggest problem with the mult window is that you have to use the
mouse to display and remove it, and to switch between the various
sub-screens. CT allows you to use ALT-M and ALT-Z to toggle the mult and
zone displays on and off, and I find this to be a much better way to manage
those windows. I think something similar could be worked out for Writelog.

73, Dick WC1M