[WriteLog] Renewing a wish

Richard Zalewski w7zr@citlink.net
Sun Jan 19 21:45:19 EST 2003

Thanks for more input on this.

> I'd like to see some changes in the mult window, but for the purpose of
> moving mults it seems to me that the present Check Country window is
> sufficient. For each of the other bands it will either be blank (mult
> needed), OK (mult worked), or will have the call of the station you are
> working (station worked.)

Unless I have missed something this does not work for NAQP for states or
provinces.  Not sure
about other tests other than CQWW where you are correct.

> you move the cursor between the zone and call fields the Check Country
> display switches between zones worked and countries worked, but other than
> that it works. I guess it would be nice to have the option of something
like
> "NEEDED" in red for each band in the Check Country window, but that's just
> refinement.
>
> As for the mult window, I think the present display works nicely for
viewing
> mults that are either worked or not worked on a single screen. Being able
> make the display larger would be nice, but that's also a refinement. To
me,
> the single biggest problem with the mult window is that you have to use
the
> mouse to display and remove it, and to switch between the various
> sub-screens. CT allows you to use ALT-M and ALT-Z to toggle the mult and
> zone displays on and off, and I find this to be a much better way to
manage
> those windows. I think something similar could be worked out for Writelog.

The current display of mults is fine for the information displayed.  Where
it comes up short is
how it has to be called up.  Your reference to CT's <ALT><M> and <ALT><Z> is
a good idea.  While
I do use the mouse to some extent it is not fast enough for me to move my
hands off the keys, go to the mouse
to bring up a window so that I can ask a station to move for a mult.  It has
to be a real time display at all times.  (Then we
need to be able to size it so it fits on screen) or a single key stroke or
easy combination to bring it up would work.

Dick W7ZR