[WriteLog] RTTY question

Darack, Zev Zev.Darack@banklink.com
Tue Jan 21 00:56:56 EST 2003

If you are keying the rig using an FSK interface via the accessory jack then
you should use RTTY or FSK.  If you are using AFSK via the mic input then
you should use LSB.

Some rigs will allow you to use RTTY/FSK mode with AFSK but most will not
because they mute the mic input.

73,
Zev N2WKS

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis [mailto:roofus@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 7:30 PM
To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY question

Being new to WL, RTTY and contesting in general I have many questions and
try to read as much as I can to answer them be for I ask.  Here are 2 I'm
not sure of. 1) My ICOM 775DSP has a RTTY mode setting, 2) My KNWD TS-2000
has a FSK mode.  MMTTY says to use LSB.  What do I use on my rig to run
RTTY?.  If there is a MMTTY reflector I probably should ask the questions
there but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks and 73,
Dennis  AB8NI

--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts --- multipart/alternative
  text/html
---