[WriteLog] CW / Callsign / Section Interaction?

Jeff Maass jmaass at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jan 26 21:18:05 EST 2003

Something very strange happened in the last few moments of
the CQ 160 Meter Contest. I'm running Writelog V10.35F
with a W5XD Multikeyer.

I answered N4AF, he replied. I pressed "Ins" to send his call
followed by the report.

Although his call was entered correctly on the Writelog line, it
was sent as "N4AC". I did a double take - yes, it was entered
as "N4AF"!  The Morse was not distorted at all - the characters
were perfectly formed, but incorrect. 'AF corrected me by
sending his call again.

This is the only time I've experienced this. Has anyone else
had this happen?

73,
 Jeff Maass       jmaass at columbus.rr.com     Located near Columbus Ohio
         USPSA # L-1192       NROI/CRO    Amateur Radio K8ND
Maass' IPSC Resources:  http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/index.html
Circleville USPSA/IPSC: http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/pcsiipsc.htm