[WriteLog] Progess - WL SDK for TS-2000

nn0g at comcast.net nn0g at comcast.net
Mon Jul 14 23:30:04 EDT 2003

Progress.  Thanks Ron.

Figured I'd spread the wealth some.

Here goes.

Compiling and installing Visual Basic version of the Writelog SDK

Download the SDK from writelog.com
http://www.writelog.com/downloads.htm#WlogRigSDK

Unzip the file into a directory of your choosing.  In my example, I used
C:\WLSDK

There will two directories under you new directory; the one of interest is
FakeRadioVB

Open C:\WLSDK\FakeRadioVB\FrontPanelDemo.vbg

“Make” the project. File -> Make Project

You will end up with two files.
C:\WLSDK\FakeRadioVB\driver\rigmanager.dll &
C:\WLSDK\FakeRadioVB\Front Panel\FakeRadioFP.ocx

Next you need to register both files
>From a command (or DOS) window
“regsvr32 C:\WLSDK\FakeRadioVB\driver\rigmanager.dll”
then
“regsvr32 C:\WLSDK\FakeRadioVB\Front Panel\FakeRadioFP.ocx”

You should get a msgbox after each command confirming registration.

Now the ugly part.  You have to search the Registry to find the GUID for
RigManager.dll.  Start regedit (“Run -> regedit”).
Hit Ctrl-F, and enter “DemoRigDriver” in the find window
Regedit will stop when it finds search string.

Apparently VB changes the GUID every time you recompile.  You can prevent this
by copying the .dll and .ocx file into another directory, then enabling binary
compatibility on the project, using these files as a reference.

Now that we have the GUID we need to associate it with Writelog.  I simplified
this using a .REG file.  My GUID was 9366CA52-14AB-49A6-8091-8423D4E4C35E.

****Warning **** Make sure you understand why you are hacking the registry
here.  You do so at your own risk.

Cut ---

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9366CA52-14AB-49A6-8091-8423D4E4C35E}\Implemented
Categories\{C721215A-7716-101A-AA54-00608C61D0B1}]

Paste –

Now fire up Writelog.  Go to Setup -> Ports. Select “Demo” from the rig type
drop down box.  You should see the demo panel pop up.

You are on your own from here on out.  I haven’t had a chance to go much
further than this.

Dana
NN0G (ex. NZ4DX)