[WriteLog] Search and Pounce

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Tue Jul 29 18:30:45 EDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:30:45 -0700 Punkymcd at pacbell.net writes:

> I've gotten spoiled with TRlog's excellent search and pounce
> system. Could someone be so kind to go through a couple of
> Writelog search and pounce QSOs, keystroke by keystroke, to
> get me started?
>
> Examples of your own or where I can find the info.
>
> Tns, es 73, Don, W6OA

setup/cw messages
program F7 W6OA
program F8 599 CA

he: cq test de w1aw

you: type w1aw in the callsign field, hit spacebar.
If not a dupe, hit F7 (w6oa)

he: w6oa 5nn CT

you: type CT in the appropriate entry field, hit F8 (599 CA)

he: tu

you: hit ENTER to log. Don't forget to hit ENTER or the qso will
be lost!

It's two to five more keystrokes than TR for each QSO, depending on the
exchange. If you have been trained on TR, you will have grown
used to its capability to send the s&p exchange and log the qso with
one keystroke. Writelog can not do that, so you will have to train
yourself not to forget that final ENTER. I lost a few Q's that way
at first.

When you go to setup/ program cw messages, the HELP key explains
all the special syntax for the messages.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA