[WriteLog] external data

WA9ALS - John wa9als at starband.net
Tue May 27 12:00:59 EDT 2003

WriteLog is not a "full-featured" general logging program, although many use
it as such.  It's primarily a contesting program, and there's not much need
for Flying Horse during a contest.  I think most contesters save the contest
log in ADIF and then import into another general logging program.  The line
is certainly starting to blur between contest programs trying to be general
loggers and general loggers trying to incorporate contesting features.

There seem to be two camps - One wants "everything" in one program, and the
other wants a contesting program [full-featured] and a logging program [full
featured] and wants each author to concentrate on being the best at what
they do and not try ot be all things to all people.  When the latter is
tried, the program often suffers from usability or more bugs, cost, etc.