[WriteLog] CW Feature

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Tue May 27 12:30:18 EDT 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003 16:47:40 +0200 "Fabio Grisafi \(IT9GSF\)"
<fgrisafi at tin.it> writes:
> Hello Guys !
> I wish to suggest an improvement to writelog for CW Contestino
> operation.
> As I used TR log by W6TR many years ago... I found very useful the
> way to
> switch to transmit while I was typing the
> Received callsigns on the keyboard. In the TR software you were able
> to set
> the charcacter (I used the fourth) of the callsign after wich the
> software
> switched to TX.
> Excuse the way I explain this feature. Maybe somebody can help me to
> explain
> this to Wayne W5XD (or maybe Wayne well knows what to do and
> answers).
>
> Ciao... es 73 de Fabio, IT9GSF (One of IG9A CQWW M/M).

This is a great feature of TRLog, and it allows you type a callsign
sent at 50wpm, and send hiscall and your exchange with ZERO delay,
without
having to press the INSERT key. When you type the fourth (selectable)
character, the program starts sending his callsign, followed by
your exchange info. The callsign is editable right up until the time
each character is sent, and will go out correctly on cw.

Some training is required, because you have to remember "Don't
type the fourth character before you have received the entire
callsign." If you make that mistake, everything beyond the
fourth character will be obliterated by your transmitting, and the
other operator will be confused, because he will hear only a
fragment of his call sign.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ