[WriteLog] Using USB/RS232 adapters for rig control

Barry N1EU n1eu at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 07:58:07 EST 2003

I'm trying to get a PCcables 70607 USB/RS232 adapter cable to work for rig
control under WriteLog. The device installed smoothly as COM4 and I
configured the port for 4800 baud. WL won't communicate
with my MP (N1MM Logger won't either) through the cable, and the "CAT" light
isn't blinking. I've changed its port assignment but that doesn't help. WL
works fine via the native COM1 port.

I was wondering if anyone is using a similar device and can pass on some
tips to getting it working.

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU