[WriteLog] Using USB/RS232 adapters for rig control

Rick Tavan tavan at tibco.com
Sat Nov 8 15:08:38 EST 2003

Did you issue magic incantations on both Setup/Ports and Bands/Set Freq
and Mode? They must match and you must do Setup/Ports first. Also, you
could have invisible conflicts with other programs such as Palm Desktop
HotSynch or various FAX programs. They seem to tie up serial ports even
when they don't use them.

I am using a 2port USB-serial adapter (no manufacturer name on the box!)
that works like a charm to control any two of three different radios. It
is always confusing to set those two dialog boxes but once I get the
magic combination it works great. Don't forget to hit Setup/Save
Configuration after you get it working.

/Rick N6XI