[WriteLog] Using USB/RS232 adapters for rig control

K4IA at aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Fri Nov 7 08:12:36 EST 2003

I tested that exact same cable for 2 radio operation and got it to work. I
don;t presently have it hooked up so I can;t compare my settings but I don;t
recall it being difficult at all.  I run XP Home and had a Field as Radio 1 with
the regular serial port connection and an FT100D as radio 2 on the USB.

Check to be sure you properly installed the USB driver software that came
with the cable.  Then go to Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager
and click on the USB Device Controllers at the bottom.  It should tell you if
you have a problem with the install of the driver.

Radio k4ia
Craig "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA