[WriteLog] WAE Can't send QTCs to other continents

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 9 00:01:37 EST 2003

Nothing like posting to the reflector and finding the trouble oneself
immediately after.  However, the solution is as puzzling as the problem.

I looked at the volume conrol settings and noted that the Wave level
control was zeroed.  Moved the slider up a bit and now QTCs get
transmitted.  Well, one would expect the Wave level control to affect
this but one would also expect it to affect everything else.  So how was
I able to get any tones out of the soundcard at all with the Wave level
control zeroed?  Changing the Wave level affected only QTC tone levels,
not QRV or QSL button levels.

Another puzzlement is that I thought the sound card settings were
adjusted by WL so wouldn't expect the Wave level to be zeroed.

BTW I'm using K6STI's RITTY.

All's well that ends well so I'll be a happy camper when WAE activity
comes back tomorrow am.

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO