[WriteLog] More .wav files

Jamie Dupree ns3t at arrl.net
Sun Nov 9 22:49:50 EST 2003

Writeloggers -

I am also trying to put together some sound files for the Sweepstakes,
and for future phone contests....I have no problems recording stuff
and figuring out what files to put it in, etc.

What I'm confused by is how to get Writelog to recognize
anything more than a two character file.

For example, you can make a W1.wav file - but a WA5.wav file will
not work - instead, WA5 will be played from different sources, like
W. wav, A.wav & 5.wav  or   WA.wav and 5.wav, but not a WA5.

(With some of the more familiar prefixes, I wanted to make them a
single file, to cut down on some of the choppiness sometimes associated
with pre-recorded letters and numbers, making it easier to "say" callsigns
like AA5, NA2, VE3, etc.)

I haven't taken as much time to fiddle with the numbers - but it
seems it is the same with SSB serial numbers as well - that you are okay
for 1-99, but not a three digit file?  I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe I am missing something very elemental here...or maybe
there is something in the setup that would allow me to go past
a two character wav file?

My effort here is three-fold - saving my voice, which has had major
troubles over the past year, eliminating most noise from
my shack, which tends to aggravate the XYL....and finally to make
sure any pre-recorded files sound as life-like as possible.

Many thanks to all in advance for any insight.

Jamie NS3T