[WriteLog] More .wav files

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Sun Nov 9 20:04:25 EST 2003

Two points - one on how WL handles numbers and the other on letter combo's

First from the horse's mouth:

* 73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT

it starts from the beginning of the message and forms the audio
trying a pair to see if a file exists for it, and then backs
off to a single character if the file for the pair doesn't exist.

So, in your example, it will do the "fifteen three" if 15.wav
exists.

Wayne

Also note the help file says:

If you create WAV files named with letter pairs, WriteLog will use them in
preference to the single letter names. For example, when building the sound
for the call "W1AW", WriteLog will use the files W1.WAV and AW.WAV if it
finds them, in preference to W.WAV, 1.WAV, A.WAV, and W.WAV.