[WriteLog] Endless Loop on Log Entry

Gary Ferdinand W2CS w2cs at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 10 22:32:12 EST 2003

Here's one I haven't seen before.  I entered a call in the call window and
then spacebar to fill in the exchange and then ENTER to log it.  It logged
it.

Problem is, it logged it again, and again, and again...like the energizer
bunny: it never stopped.  I finally stopped it by rudely closing WL.  All
other positions in the 5-stn M/M setup also got the benefit of this largess.

The only thing I can think of is somehow I created some form of networking
loop. We were screwing around with the configuration quite a bit, testing
out various failure scenarios.

This is one of those things I certainly don't want to run into during the
WW.  Any ideas?  We tore down all instances of WL and brought them back up
again (carefully) and the problem has not recurred.

Tnx/73

Gary W2CS