[WriteLog] Icom 746 Pro Control

Scott Royle sroyle at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 12 19:08:47 EST 2003

First I want to thank everyone for their replies and the help I received.

The cure for my problem was changing the hex address on the radio (Setting
37) from 66h to 56h.  WL now reads the frequency.  Of course my other
logging software would not read the freq. (Win-EQF) but the cure for that
was to switch the rig parameter from IC-746 Pro to IC-746.  Now I have both
logging programs reading the freq. off the radio.  Also I can change the
freq. using WL.

Bliss again
Scott KK4Z

At 10:49 PM 11/11/2003, I wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I just purchased Writelog 10.42 and finished installing it on my laptop.  I
>also purchased a K1NU computer interface cable to hook up my IC-746 Pro to
>my computer.  I set the port to com 1, Icom 746 for the radio, and polling.
>I set both the computer and the radio to 9600 baud.  No matter what I do I
>cannot get Writelog to read the frequency from my radio or get it to change
>the frequency of my radio.  I have also removed and reinstalled Writelog. I
>know the cable and radio work with the computer because I also use Win-EQF
>for general logging and it is able to read the frequency from the radio.
If