[WriteLog] What Am I Missing?

Gary Ferdinand W2CS w2cs at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 14 11:41:48 EST 2003

I'm looking for the following function in WL. Perhaps it's there and I've
missed it.  I'd hate to have not used an important function that was
overlooked by me prior to the contest ;-)

1.  The ability to reset the RIT/Clarifier to an offset of zero when an
F-key is pressed (useful after you've worked a guy you had to retune, and
now you want to call CQ without having to remember to reset the RIT while
brain dead).

2.  The ability to scroll a bandmap without having to move the VFO. Useful
in scanning bands for new mults/Qs.  An alternative would be to have the
bandmap dispayed horizontally.  I'm finding the bandmap is of limited use
unless I can see much more the band, easily.

3.  A way of returning to my run frequency after a quick pass at a mult
(clicked on a spot, or used RCL button, or clicked on the bandmap).

4.  A way of storing keystrokes such as [ENTER] in a CW or RTTY message so
that an F-key press can also log a Q as well as send an exchange.  Is there
a keystroke metalanguage I've missed?

5.  A way of having WL put the callsign into the entry window for a call
that is in the band map when I have tuned the VFO to the frequency
associated with that call in the bandmap.  Useful for search and pounce.
The data's there; I hate to have to reenter it.

6.  A way to press a single key and in so doing cause the main VFO frequency
to jump to the next unworked station (or next new mult) in the bandmap.
Useful for cleaning out a band quickly later in the contest.

7.  A way to "gab" with a subset of the operating positions in a multi/multi
networked configuration. Position A wants to talk to C without bothering B,
D, E or F.

All pointers much appreciated. Thanks.

73

Gary W2CS