[WriteLog] RE: COM1 for CW & FSK

Jim McDonald jim at n7us.net
Sun Nov 23 08:13:24 EST 2003

Sorry I accidentally sent this in "rich text" and not plain text before.
--------------------

I just set up Writelog for CW keying and FSK on COM1 (TXD) on a new
computer.

Using the MMTTY plug-in, as I have before, I am getting an error message
that COM1 isn't available for FSK.  I've selected COM1 in the Ports
drop-down in the RTTYrite window, though I don't see the port selection
option in the TX window of MMTTY.

When I transmit in FSK, the memory contents are apparently sent, based on
the screen display, but the transmitter is keying with a steady carrier (not
FSK).

MMTTY is working fine as a stand-alone program.

CW transmission using COM1 (DTR) works fine.

Any thoughts on why the FSK problem?  Thanks.

Jim N7US