[WriteLog] 2nd rig control program with writelog

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 12 22:21:04 EDT 2004

Hi Al,

So would I.

I started work on this a little while ago but ran out of time for the
project and don't know when I'll be able to get back to it.

The basic idea was to write macros in Macro Express to send the
appropriate commands to the rig.  To avoid com port contention with WL,
you disconnect WL from the com port, run the desired macro and then
reconnect WL to the com port.  You don't have to shut WL down to do
this.  IIRC you do it in the dialogue box where you tell WL what port to
use for the radio.

If you want to pursue this let me know and I'll dig up the info for you.

73 de Jim Smith   VE7FO