[WriteLog] MK-1100

Steve Jarrett k4fj at myway.com
Tue Apr 13 17:50:27 EDT 2004

 I am interested in the MK-1100, but I need a better understanding of its operation than I could get from the website description.  I will refer to connector labeling that is shown on the website prototype. LPT-Right/LPT-Left:  If I am using WIN XP, will I still need to install UserPort, or equivalent, to make these ports available? PC Connector:  If I happen to be using a computer with no serial port, will a USB to Serial Port adaptor (such as the Belkin type that AA5AU recommends) make the conversion for me? Rig Connector:  What is this?  Rig control?  Please tell me lots because I don't know this stuff well. Rem Connector:  What is this?   Also, is there a listing of what all is available on the LPT port pins?  I ask this because I read that not much documentation comes with the Multi-Keyer.  Perhaps that is not the case. Thanks in advance. 73, Steve, K4FJ