[WriteLog] Off Topic Question - Repeater Operation in Germany

nick kail m3mlr at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 12:22:12 EDT 2004

Jim
In the early day when I was young and repeaters were just being brought into
the UK a lot of us hams could not afford 1750 hz tone bursts so we quickly
learned that if you whistle up the scale your whistle will hit 1750 for a
split second and that will be enough to open the repeater. In fact we also
have ctcss on some of our repeaters for different areas now and if I can't
find the right tone I still whistle up the repeater

~Who needs modern technology

Hope this will help you whilst in DK land

Cheers
 N beers

Nick
2E0MLR G3VCP